Each year, Hume officers talk with our customers to work out which areas in your neighbourhood need to be improved.
We then look at:
- the condition, age, repair and maintenance requests we've had from customers throughout the year that need a long term solution.
- upgrades that have already happened and any work that wasn't finished due to budget or because it wasn't urgent.
- if environmental upgrades like water tanks and composters are suitable.
- things that have come up in block meetings about what customers want and need, including landscaping, improvements to shared areas and upgrades to security.
- levels of crime and anti-social behaviour in the area.
- opportunities to improve the community from grant funded programs such as gardening projects, environment awareness programs and volunteering initiatives.
When the work is completed, your Hume officers usually organise a celebration in the neighbourhood.
For more information on how we manage our environmental improvements and shared areas, please refer to our Block Upgrade and Environmental Improvements Policy.