If your circumstances change your home may no longer meet your needs.
As a social housing customer you may be eligible for a transfer.
ELIGIBILITY FOR A TRANSFER
A customer applying for a transfer must:
- Be eligible for Social Housing at the time of application and when an offer is made
- If there are no significant concerns about the conduct of their tenancy to date e.g. anti-social behaviour
- Have lived at their current property for at least 12 months.
In general, customers will not be permitted to transfer if they have rent arrears or other debts.
A social housing provider will not make an offer of alternative housing until the customers current
tenancy accounts are up to date, or, if the customer owes money from former tenancies, they have
completely repaid the debt.
Exceptions may apply if the customers household can demonstrate an urgent need for transfer.
REASONS FOR TRANSFER
The following are legitimate reasons for a transfer.
- At risk
- Under Occupancy
- Medical condition or disability
- Family breakdown/ separation
- Severe overcrowding
- Compassionate reasons
- Tenancy re-instatement
Call the office and speak with a member of the Housing Options team on 1800 004 300 (free call) for further information.